Friday 9 September 2011

BIRDS, BUNNIES AND BEARS

Before you ask how the weather is - it has poured until 2pm and then stopped. I went out to weed the banking bed, did it but slipped on the lawn and so was clarty with mud down one side.

The bed I have done is the one just in front of this rabbit spied from my room this morning. At least it was eating the broad-leaved willowherb - a pesky weed.
This is not the only cuddly bunny in the garden - I have yet to find their burrow but indications are that it is at the top under the ash tree with the Rambling Rector.

So to bears - woolly bears
- caterpillars that can give one a rash - crawling across the paving looking for a place to pupate.
So what is the moth this caterpillar will turn into? I have to admit that I am not good on caterpillars unless they are obvious. This could be a yellow tail tussock or a common footman, a white ermine or a tiger moth - help needed - anyone with more wisdom than I out there?

And then to birds, birds, birds.
I seem to be feeding every tit, finch and heaven knows what in the north of England.

3 feeding stations and this morning I counted 38 birds at one sitting!
Try and work out the pecking order for that lot!

Must nip to West Cumberland Farmers for some more peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment