Saturday 24 December 2011

AVERYHAPPYMERRYCHRISTMASBLOG

What a mad weather world we live in!

Last year all was ice and snow, this year flowers still abound - nasturtiums and marigolds - even the quince is coming into flower. Astrantias and roses still bloom and daffs have pushed through on the upper banking. Snowdrops are almost out by the kitchen doors and I can even see a wallflower through the window.
It is mild and raining a lot.

Now, I know you are saying - why no blog for a bit?
Problem has been a knee replacement that has not quite gone according to plan so I have not been around the garden since November 21st!
I have to write part of this blog then get up and hobble around with the crutches, sit for a while with the foot up and then return.

See you in a few minutes.

Back.

Life can be tough and sometimes even sheep have to sleep rough. This one in the back field has a bad case of the lastyear'scoat.

I suppose, psychologically, I can identify with this ewe. Things are a bit ragged at present.

However I would rather identify myself with this fine Herdwick tup at Tilberthwaite,
king of all he surveys - but, of course, then one gets back to hormonal implants so I would not be much good as a Ram.
I wonder, do sheep get hot flushes - it would be very uncomfortable under all that wool.

So, despite the world straining to entropy, come next year and a healed knee, I shall fight the good garden fight, challenge the rabbits with chicken wire, mow the grass and slay the weeds.

AVERYHAPPYMERRYCHRISTMAS to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment