Friday 6 January 2012

I GOT MY WELLIES ON!

I have been around the top part of the garden today.
There are sticks everywhere (and weeds). The gales have pruned the trees.

The garden is surprisingly lush and the small area of lawn up in the wood had grass that is 5" tall.

There has been such a lot of rain and there is a new spring in the wood - just where I do not want it. Digging ahead.

The flowerbeds are neglected and need a
good feed - hence the moss as shown here.

The leeks look good but the turnips look more like swedes - now I know that up north a turnip is a swede - no, the other way around - so what do they call a swede? A Finn? So what do fish have?

And just to prove that the weather is potty here is a picture of marigolds becoming
perennial taken today.

Winter draws (DRAWS!) on and we have snowdrop(s) in a small vase in the kitchen.

I am busy transcribing Emily Rowntree's diary notes on the last months of the life of my Great Great Grandfather - her handwriting is a challenge - but it is interesting - well to me.

Another blog I follow - Patiopatch - has just done the twelve days of Christmas - a labour of ? - but done it well and an old friend George Kosinski has started a blog with delightful watercolour sketches at http://kosinskistudio.com/journal/

The internet is awash with blog, the garden is awash - a bog!
Time for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment