Friday 24 February 2012

EVERYTHING IS TOO NARROW

I have been contemplating a sit on mower for some time but as the cutting season draws ever nearer I realise that the garden is not made for one.
Paths are far too narrow in many places, the 'boardwark' by the ponds would be out of the question and there is much boggy ground, many steep slopes.

The snowy picture shows the
path up to the wood with the slope on the right. This path would have to be widened and, I think lose some of its character.

Edges of some lawned areas are impractical - I use the word lawned but really just mown field.

The banking to the right has daffodils - only three out there so far - and snowdrops, shown here as they should be - in the snow.

Trying to predict the weather at the moment is very difficult - it is freezing/it is abnormally mild, it is raining/no it is not/yes it is!

So garden work is pick up sticks, tidy beds, bit of pruning and shift muck.
The veg beds are ready for stuff and the rhubarb is just peeking through - the forcing pot is on.

Frogspawn has been moved from one pond to another - I do not know why they only ever put the spawn in the lower pond and not the upper but a bucket resolves the problem so we have taddies in both.

At the moment the world is a bit too much with us but we hope for escape soon.
Just thought I would stick a literary quote in to show how well read I am!

The Grandchildren are here and bananas in pyjamas are coming down the stairs so I will have to go.

As I extract a thorn from my finger I realise I was surprised how thorny young damson suckers can be - they are damsons, we had a few in the autumn.

So, with thoughts of suckers and bananas I leave you till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment